Minors / ASI
HASS offers five minor programs:
- Literature, Society, and the Environment: Dr. Tina Gianquitto
- Humanitarian Engineering: Dr. Juan Lucena
- International Political Economy
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Policy: Dr. Hussein Amery
- Individualized Undergraduate Minor: Prof. Sandy Woodson
- Music, Engineering, and Recording Arts Minor (MERA): Dr. Robert Klimek
MERA Minor Informational Flyer
Students who complete an HASS minor usually will automatically satisfy their Humanities & Social Sciences General Education Restricted Electives Requirement. They will also need to use their free elective hours to complete a minor. Minors are a minimum of 18 credit-hours. Students should consult the minor advisors listed above for specific requirements.
- No more than half of the credits to be applied towards an HASS minor may be transfer credits. All transfer credits must be approved by the appropriate HASS Undergraduate Advisor.
- Prior to completing the sophomore year, students wishing to declare an HASS Minor fill out an HASS Minor form and obtain approval from their minor advisor.
- Students must also fill out a Minor/Area of Special Interest Declaration and obtain approval from their CSM advisor, from the Head/Director of their major department/division and from the HASS Director.