Division of Student Life
Welcome to Student Life at Colorado School of Mines! You are part of an exceptional student body, all of whom share the challenging and rewarding goal of becoming a Mines graduate. The Division of Student Life is here to support you in the pursuit of that goal. Through innovative programs and outstanding services, we work to enhance academic learning and help you achieve success. Mines is a place where we continually strive for excellence in everything we do. As part of the Mines family, you must dare to be the best you can be, and as you give your best, the Student Life staff is committed to doing the same.
Mines is an international community of scholars. Your opportunities to learn and interact with faculty and fellow students go far beyond the classroom. Outside of their teaching, research and public service activities, Mines faculty and staff are highly accessible to students. Their collective wisdom and experience is a valuable resource and one that we encourage you to explore.
I encourage you to take full advantage of everything that Student Life has to offer. To offset the rigors of your studies, you can participate in one of the many professional, special interest, athletic, intramural and recreational sports opportiunities at Mines. By living on campus, exploring new interests, building relationships, accepting greater responsibilities, and discovering who you are - you are preparing yourself to take on the challenges ahead. This is where you can develop your leadership qualities and further refine your interpersonal skills and talents. It’s also where you can release stress and just have fun!.
If you have any problems, concerns, or suggestions, there are many people willing to both listen and help. If there is anything we can do to assist you please just let us know. Good luck on your journey at Mines!
All the best,
Daniel P. Fox, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Life
- We support the mission of the institution.
- We perform our jobs with enthusiasm and pride.
- We believe that serving others is an important and honorable action.
- We compliment the classroom instruction by facilitating engaging experiences which teach valuable life skills and prepare students to become contributing members of society.
- We encourage multiple viewpoints, open discourse, and a culture of civility, harmony and acceptance.
- We recognize the importance of involvement with the programs and services offered by the campus community and we make connections within the division and with others on campus to maximize the student experience and enhance student success.
- We model honesty and truth in our endeavors and we are ethical, transparent, and reliable in our actions.
Don't forget to Register to Vote
Go to https://www.sos.state.co.us/voter-classic/secuRegVoterIntro.do and register to vote. You will need a Colorado State Driver's License or ID Card issued by the Department of Revenue to register online. If you have not been issued either of these documents, you may still register to vote by using the paper voter registration form. Click here for a paper voter registration form. You will need to print and sign the form then return by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery. The deadline for voter registration is 29 days before Election Day.
Student Life Administration
- Organizational Chart
- Student Judicial Information
- Alcohol Policy
- Student Absences
- Medical Withdrawal
- Student Complaint Process
- Professional Development
- Other Student Related Policies
For a complete listing of Student Life Resources click here.