The Office of Information Security and Privacy (OISP) is located within the Colorado School of Mines department of Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT) and works with the campus community to increase the security of the campus information infrastructure, including the data network and connected hosts.
NOTICE: Campus users should have recieved the an email from CCIT requiring passwords be changed on July 15th, 2014. Click here to verify the email.
How Secure are you?
Every October is Cyber Security Awareness Month.
- Identity Theft resources - A good starting point for more information about Identity Theft and ways to prevent it (link courtesy of Jefferson County District Attorney's Office)
- Security Tips - Ways to combat the worst cybersecurity threats currently found on the Mines network.
- Virus Protection - Free antivirus software is available to the entire CSM community. It is required for all computers using the campus network.
- Security Alerts - Current security alerts and information on protecting your system from cyber-attacks.
- Incident Reporting - Guidelines and suggestions for reporting security-related incidents to CCIT.
- Privacy & Security Policies - Policies related to privacy and network security.
- Contact Information - Ways to contact the Office of Information Security and Privacy staff.
- Change Password - Criminals are out there. So you'll want to change your password now and then.
- Digital Signatures - importing and usage guide for secure email using S/MIME certificates.
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [7-Aug-2014 5:30-7:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [1-Aug-2014 5:30pm until ~ 10am 2-Aug-2014] Banner Systems Outage
- CCIT Announcements
- [15-Jul-2014] Campus wide password change
- [30-Jun-2014 3:00pm until 7:00am 1-Jul-2014] Self-Service Banner (SSB) Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.