Equipment Checkout and Loan
CCIT has several laptop computers and projectors that are available for checkout on a short-term basis. We also have some other types of equipment, such as a digital camera, available for checkout. A full list of all available equipment can be found at the bottom of this page. You may checkout equipment from CCIT at Computer Commons Front Desk in CT 156A, by telephone at 303-273-3431, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please: Be Considerate of Others! Someone else may have your equipment reserved for checkout shortly after your return time; if you are late, it impacts others.
Also: Make sure you return the equipment with all components (power cable, video cable, mouse, etc.) that were with it at checkout. Do not remove any programs or files unless you created them.
Short-term equipment loan policies:
- Equipment is available only for short-term loans; generally 2 or 3 hours, sometimes a day or a weekend. Longer term loans will be considered only with adequate notice and justification.
- Equipment is intended and provided for on-campus use. If you need to take equipment off-campus, you must make it known to CCIT and have specific permission for each loan. If you are leaving the state or country with the equipment, which is not encouraged, you must provide CCIT with detailed travel information as part of your request to travel with the equipment.
- You must sign out your reserved equipment at the Computer Commons Front Desk in CT 156A. You may also be required to provide a valid student, faculty or staff ID card and valid phone number. Be sure to sign the equipment back in when you return it.
- CCIT Staff will not deliver, setup or pick up the equipment. It is your responsibility to learn how to use it. Plan ahead, make a reservation and borrow it during a quiet period to familiarize yourself with setup, use and packing it away. Make sure to allow enough time in your reservation for pick up, set up and packing, as well as travel time when you commit to a return time.
- You run the risk of having your borrowing privileges suspended or terminated if:
- The equipment is not returned in the same condition it was in when you borrowed it.
- The equipment is returned late according to your reservation. If you are unavoidable delayed you must provide CCIT with reasonable notice of your tardiness. Our determination of "reasonable notice" will be based upon circumstances and our ability to contact via phone (303-273-3431) or email.
- You return equipment without cables, manuals or other components. You are expected to pay for lost, damaged or missing items and you may be financial encumbered if you do not.
- You abuse, mistreat or misuse the equipment, or use it to violate State and Federal laws, CSM policies or CCIT procedures.
- You remove programs or data that do not belong to you from computers.
- Remember, just because you don't need it doesn't mean the next person isn't counting on it!
- Software should not be installed on portable computers without CCIT permission. If you receive permission to install software, don't forget to remove it prior to returning the equipment.
- Power cables, adapters, and connection cables must be returned to the appropriate case. Each projector has a power cord and a VGA/data cable; be sure they are placed back in the projector case before you return it.
- Some pieces of equipment are assigned to projects or classes, like field camp, during certain times of the year. Make sure to verify that the equipment you need will be available.
If the equipment fails or you have a problem with it:
Always have a backup plan! Equipment fails, other people return it late or incomplete, or it may not be available. Sometimes we have spares and can make accommodations, other times we are booked solid. While we do our best, we never guarantee the availability of a given piece of equipment at any given time.
Although you are always welcome to ask us for help, CCIT staff does not generally have time to work with borrowers on short notice.
- 6 - Dell Latitude E 6510 laptop computers:
- Windows 7 Professional, 32 byte, Svc. Pack 1
- Network adapter
- Wireless network adapter
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- 1 Epson 1200 Lumen projector
- 2 Gateway Model #210 - 1500 Lumen projectors
Check with CCIT by submitting a request to the Mines Help Center about other equipment.